TABLE 3

Change in Likelihood of Adolescent Completing Vaccine Series by the 13th Birthday During Intervention and Postintervention Periods Compared With Preintervention Period

VariablePercentage Point Change in Likelihood of VaccinationaP
Study period
 Preintervention (referenceb), %61.1
 Intervention+4.3<.001
 Postintervention+4.7<.001
Sex
 Female (reference), %62.7
 Male+4.0<.001
Race
 Non-Hispanic white (reference), %57.4
 Non-Hispanic black0.0.93
 Hispanic+12.1<.001
 Other+1.6.50
Primary language
 Other (reference), %65.1
 English+0.3.79
Insurance
 Private (reference)64.3
 Public−0.6.71
Calendar time
 2015 fourth quarter (reference), %59.4
 2016 first quarter+2.7.03
 2016 second quarter+2.0.17
 2016 third quarter+4.8.001
 2016 fourth quarter+4.6.002
 2017 first quarter+6.1<.001
 2017 second quarter+7.2<.001
 2017 third quarter+10.3<.001
 2017 fourth quarter+9.0<.001
 2018 first quarter+11.5<.001
 2018 second quarter+12.1<.001
 2018 third quarter+16.7<.001
  • Eligible adolescents are those aged 12 to 13 years on visit date; definition of completion is adjusted for national vaccine schedule recommendations on visit date (eg, 3 doses required to be considered complete for visits occurring before December 16, 2016). —, not applicable.

  • a Percentage point change refers to increase or decrease in percentage of adolescents fulfilling criteria (eg, from 61.1% completing series by the 13th birthday to 61.1% + 4.7%, a total of 65.8%, postintervention).

  • b Reference refers to the value against which other categories of that variable are compared. For example, the preintervention period is the reference value for the study period. Percentage point changes estimate the change in the intervention and postintervention periods compared with the preintervention period.