Ethics Rounds: Death After Pediatric Dental Anesthesia: An Avoidable Tragedy?
- Helen Lee, MD, MPHa,
- Peter Milgrom, DDSb,
- Colleen E. Huebner, PhD, MPHc,
- Philip Weinstein, PhDb,
- Wylie Burke, MD, PhDd,
- Erika Blacksher, PhDd, and
- John D. Lantos, MDe
- aDepartment of Anesthesiology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois;
- bDepartments of Oral Health Sciences,
- cHealth Services, and
- dBioethics and Humanities, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington; and
- ePediatric Bioethics Center, Children’s Mercy Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
Drs Lee, Milgrom, Huebner, Weinstein, Burke, Blacksher, and Lantos contributed to the design of this article, the drafting of the manuscript, and the review of the manuscript; and all authors approved the final version as submitted and agree to be accountable for all aspects of the work.