Beverage Intake During Pregnancy and Childhood Adiposity
- Matthew W. Gillman, MD, SMa,
- Sheryl L. Rifas-Shiman, MPHa,
- Silvia Fernandez-Barres, RD, MScb,c,
- Ken Kleinman, ScDd,
- Elsie M. Taveras, MD, MPHe, and
- Emily Oken, MD, MPHa
- aDivision of Chronic Disease Research Across the Lifecourse, Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, Boston, Massachusetts;
- bNutrition and Mental Health Research Group, Universitat Rovira I Virgili, Reus, Spain;
- cISGlobal, Center for Research in Environmental Epidemiology, Barcelona, Spain;
- dDepartment of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, School of Public Health and Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts; and
- eDivision of General Academic Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Massachusetts General Hospital for Children, Boston, Massachusetts
Dr Gillman made substantial contributions to the conception and design of the study and the interpretation of the results, obtained funding, and drafted the manuscript; Ms Rifas-Shiman performed the statistical analysis and helped draft and critically revise the manuscript; Dr Kleinman made substantial contributions to the analysis and the interpretation of results and critically revised the manuscript; Ms Fernandez-Barres assisted with the conception and design of the study and critically reviewed the manuscript; Drs Taveras and Oken assisted with the conception and design of the study, helped with the interpretation of the results, and critically reviewed the manuscript; and all authors approved the final version of the manuscript.
Dr Gillman’s current affiliation is Environmental Influences on Child Health Outcomes Program, Office of the Director, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD.