Pediatric and Neonatal Interfacility Transport: Results From a National Consensus Conference
The practice of pediatric/neonatal interfacility transport continues to expand. Transport teams have evolved into mobile ICUs capable of delivering state-of-the-art critical care during pediatric and neonatal transport. The most recent document regarding the practice of pediatric/neonatal transport is more than a decade old. The following article details changes in the practice of interfacility transport over the past decade and expresses the consensus views of leaders in the field of transport medicine, including the American Academy of Pediatrics’ Section on Transport Medicine.
- AAP —
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- EMS —
- emergency medical services
- EMTALA —
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act
- SOTM —
- Section on Transport Medicine
- Accepted May 13, 2013.
- Copyright © 2013 by the American Academy of Pediatrics